The presidential election is Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- The election will be in person. All regular voting sites should be open.
- You may choose to vote by mail, an absentee ballot.
- The state will send an application for an absentee ballot to every registered voter. You will need to fill this out and mail it back to the Board of Elections in order to receive a ballot. Or,
- You may go to the Board of Elections website now, and request an absentee ballot. Go here
- Fill out your ballot; seal the envelope. SIGN AND DATE THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE! Why? The state will verify your ballot by your signature.
- Drop it in the mail! It must be postmarked no later than November 3, 2020. You will need stamps.
- Allow plenty of time to mail your ballot. The post office will be very busy and it may take a few extra days to arrive.
- Can’t mail it? You may drop it off in a ballot box.
Please check back periodically for any updates and changes.
Do you need to Register to vote? Information on registration may be found at the Board of Elections. To be eligible to vote, you must be:
- A US citizen
- A Maryland resident
- At least 16 years old* (*you may register at age 16 but you may vote only at age 18)