Welcome to the Kent County Democratic Central Committee.
Mission: Our mission is to promote the Democratic Party and values in Kent County. We find, train, support, and work to elect Democratic candidates in Kent County, State District 36, and U.S. Congressional District-1. We also represent Kent County at the Maryland State Democratic Central Committee.
The Kent County Democratic Central Committee works hard to:
- Train candidates
- Answer candidate and constituent questions
- Hold discussions and forums between candidates and constituents
- Host campaign events
- Raise funds for the Central Committee
Vision: Our vision is to promote and integrate Democratic values throughout Kent County for all residents.
Democrats have an extensive progressive record, focusing on improving the lives of every Marylander and fighting for middle class families. We champion the principles of equity, justice, and opportunity for all. Our party is dedicated to bringing Marylanders together and understands that united, we are stronger.
The Kent County Democratic Central Committee fully supports this message. We work hard to support Democratic candidates, organize and promote political and civic activism, and promote Democratic values and ideals for all Kent County citizens.
THE 2020 DEMOCRATIC PLATFORM
Every four years, the Democratic Party puts together our party platform, the ideas and beliefs that govern our party as a whole.
What follows is the outline of our 2020 platform — our most progressive platform in our party’s history and a declaration of how we plan to move America forward. Democrats believe that cooperation is better than conflict, unity is better than division, empowerment is better than resentment, and bridges are better than walls.
This party platform was voted on and passed by our membership at the Democratic National Convention in 2020. The platform will be updated and re-approved at the 2024 Democratic National Convention.
- Building a stronger, fairer economy
- Achieving universal, affordable quality health care
- Protecting Communities and building trust by reforming our criminal justice system
- Protecting American’s civil rights
- Achieving justice and equity
- Combating the climate crisis and pursuing environmental justice
- Restoring and strengthening our democracy
- Creating a 21st century immigration system
- Providing world-class leadership in every zip code
- Renewing American leadership
Who We Are: There are ten Central Committee members, elected by Kent County citizens to four year terms in Maryland’s Democratic Primary.
Melvin Rapelyea, Chairman
Erik Gulbrandsen, Treasurer